MR BURRELL HAS NOW RETIRED FROM HIS PRIVATE GYNAECOLOGY PRACTICE.
Mr Burrell has a special interest in treating women with painful periods & pelvic pain, and has a particular interest in the management of endometriosis.
Pelvic pain can be acute (it comes on suddenly & may be severe) or chronic (it has been there for a number of months or is recurrent), and there are many potential causes.
The most common causes of pelvic pain are:-
- Endometriosis – a chronic condition where small pieces of the womb lining (endometrium) grow outside the womb
- Ovarian cyst – a fluid filled sac that develops on an ovary which can twist or burst
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease – an infection of the womb, fallopian tubes or ovaries
- Fibroids – non cancerous tumours that grow in or around the womb
- Adhesions – internal scar tissue that forms between organs or structures
- Bladder problems such as a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) or Cystitis
- Bowel problems such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) or constipation
A detailed history will be taken & further investigations such as an ultrasound scan will be performed to try & establish the underlying cause. It may be recommended that a laparoscopy is performed to provide a definitive diagnosis & treat the cause of pain where possible.
Treat Pelvic Pain -Information
Mr Burrell, Consultant Gynaecologist welcomes clients from:
|Bishop’s Stortford||Aspley Guise||Feltham||Buckingham||Camden||Loughton|
|Hemel Hempstead||Leighton Buzzard||Ruislip Manor||Palmers Green|
|Welwyn Garden City|